Modern, Custom & Classic Car Glass Services
Since 1946, Luna’s Glass Works has proudly served the Greater San Antonio area with quality,craftsman auto glass and windshield replacement services. Now, 70 years later, we continue to service new cars, as well as the same vehicles that helped establish our business’s reputation so many decades ago. Car collectors and enthusiasts from all over know to bring both their everyday vehicles and collectibles to Luna’s Glass Works for unbeatable value and service.
If we cannot locate an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) or aftermarket part for you, we will create a custom piece of flat glass just for your car. With over 70 years of experience in designing and cutting glass parts for automobiles, we are equipped to handle just about any job.
Types of Automobile Glass We Replace
Our breadth of experience and capabilities go far beyond windshields. At Luna’s Glass Works,we are able to replace any glass window on your car (even custom pieces):
- Front Vent Glass
- Rear Vent Glass
- Front Door Glass
- Rear Door Glass
- Rear Quarter Glass
- Back Window Glass
Tempered Glass Replacement
Tempered glass is one of the most common types of glass used in cars. It is usually used in all windows other than the windshield. This type of glass, unlike laminated glass, is single-ply.Tempered glass is made in such a way that it crumbles into harmless, pebble-like fragments when broken. When tempered glass is damaged, it must be replaced; it cannot be repaired. In many cases, we are able to do these replacements at your location (for commercial vehicles).
Types of Auto Glass Damage
Specialists at Luna’s Glass Works replace auto glass caused by a number of types of damage,including the following. Call for advice on repair options.
- Bullseye Break: A very classic break, the bullseye creates a small dark crater/ring sometimes accompanied by small cracks radiating out from the center. This type of windshield damage is often repairable early on. However, if the repair is not made,contaminants like dirt and pollen can enter into these cracks over time, making windshield replacement a necessary choice.
- Half Moon / Partial Bullseye Break: As the name suggests, this type of break is only half a bullseye. This semicircle-shaped break is not usually accompanied by cracks.
- Star Break: A star break has two or more cracks jutting out from the source of impact.These breaks should be repaired immediately, as cracks can travel across the windshield and worsen. If not addressed early on, windshield replacement may be necessary.
- Combination Break: These breaks may include multiple points of impact and types of auto glass damage. They can be very challenging to repair, even for an experienced auto glass specialist. In these cases, we recommend replacement.
- Crack: Unfortunately, only very small cracks are good candidates for repair. Larger,extensive windshield cracks usually necessitate windshield replacement. The good news is that windshield replacement is quite affordable in most contemporary cars; oftentimes,windshield replacement can even be done at your location.
Luna’s Glass Works services almost all automobile makes and models, including modern,custom and classic cars. We understand that your classic cars and custom automobiles deserve the best in professional care. We go to great lengths to ensure your treasures are impeccably treated and cared for – just as we would the vehicles in our own personal collections.
Get a Free Quote for Glass/Windshield Replacement (San Antonio, TX)
To get your free quote on a modern, custom or classic car glass/windshield replacement, please use the form below. A specialist from Luna’s Glass Works will contact you with a specially prepared quote. If you would like to get started immediately, we encourage you to contact us by calling 210-533-5788. Luna’s Glass Works has proudly served classic car collectors in San Antonio, Boerne, Pleasanton, New Braunfels and elsewhere along the Interstate 35 and Interstate 10 corridors since 1946.